2014-06-01

...I Would Ride with Lindsey Sterling

Last Friday, my mom was admitted to a hospital in Madison with an infection. A week and a half later, she's still there. She most likely won't be leaving until they figure out whether the infection is coming from her leg or her lady parts, which will take another week.

This is all happening 600 miles away. Goes without saying I want to be there.

I got paid on Wednesday, and because I've been lucky to get 15 hours a week, my check won't even cover the brake job my car needs. Nothing like feeling broke and useless. 

Saturday, Lindsey Sterling played at a concert in Papillion, which is basically an extension of Omaha. Her next show is Monday, in Madison.

If my life were a book, I would write it so that she magically hears of my situation and says, "hey, why don't you ride with us and you can take some kind of public transport back at the end of the week?"

But, my life is not a book. It's real, and it is the generosity of my sister's coworkers that will allow me to afford to visit this week (essentially Tuesday through Friday). 
Photo credit: Matt R.

1 comment:

Mrs. Teacher said...

I'm so sorry about your mom! I'll be praying.