Hundreds of conversations and complications later.....
I'm splitting my time between apartments in Papillion and Columbus, Nebraska until August 18. At which point, I'll be spending Friday nights in the Papillion apartment and continuing to work Saturday mornings in the temple through the end of October. (A circumstance I despise explaining to people because it's so complicated.)
The whole experience has been bizarre. For every time I've thought to say, "I couldn't have planned this better if I had tried," it serves as a reminder that I didn't plan it in the first place. God did. From my roommate's boss, who knew a guy who knew a guy with an apartment that would have its renovations finished on July 17 to seeing some of the needs in the Columbus branch (just by meeting and talking with their sister missionaries) to having to decide between two job offers within a week of turning in applications, I can see there's a place for me there, and I just need to fall into it.
I just have to make it through this week and next before I get a break from the transition via a house/dog sitting gig (that will not only allow me to continue working for my current employer, but will itself pay for my first month's rent). Once they return from their trip, I'll be 100% living and breathing Columbus (with the exception of coming to Omaha for the temple and gas that is 12 cents cheaper a gallon).
My new kitchen.
Seriously.
New dishwasher, new countertops, new cupboards, new faucet, new garbage disposal, new washer, new dryer, new floors, and a furnace less than 3 years old.
Literally three times the counter and cupboard space of the old place.
As my roommate would say: proof that God loves me and wants me to be happy.

1 comment:
Yikes! Sounds complicated. But God is so good, isn't He?
That kitchen looks amazing!!!
Post a Comment