In 2009, I received invitations for 5 weddings, 3 of which were in April.
By the end of 2010, if I attend all the weddings I have been invited to (or anticipate invitations to), I will have been to no less than 9. And it's only May right now. I have no weddings after October. As of yet. There are still 7 months left of the year, and that is plenty of time to plan a wedding.
May I point out these numbers aren't counting the people I'm on a name-face basis with, just not acquainted enough to receive invitations to the wedding/reception. Counting those, h0ly hell0 that would bring my 2010 wedding index to...19! (ish)
Some things that I've discovered while serving time as a wedding attendant:
-Wedding dances can be more awkward than jr. high dances, especially if the family's are small.
-My favorite part of any wedding is the cake cutting. (You caught me; I like the eating part, too!)
-A bride should consider her reception when choosing her dress.
-It's really about time for me to invest in a digital camera because I get trigger happy.
-Every couple is different, and a variety of celebrations result from this. I really think that the reception is a reflection of the couple's individual and combined personalities and makes for some very interesting character studies.
-I've come up with some fun ideas for my own marriage celebration, but am trying to not set things in stone to allow for compromise.
Still need to find a dress and a groom. Any suggestions?
1 comment:
1. I sure hope our dance isn't awkward. We should have enough support from friends to keep the dance floor hopping.
2. I think our reception totally reflects Ryan and I.
3. I hope you come, it's seriously going to be a blast!!!
Post a Comment