I despise those words.
I don't like people missing me, nor am I flattered when they do. Sometimes, I go places just because I know if I don't, the next time certain somebody's will see me, the first thing out of their mouth is how much they missed me the last time. On the other hand, sometimes I catch myself avoiding going back to places/visiting because I don't want to hear how much they miss me.
Wanna know why?
Because it works. It makes me feel bad for having not been there or stayed there, even if I had a very legitimate reason.
And I don't like feeling bad.
This trait of mine is also why I tend to not tell people when or if I have intentions of leaving their life in one form or another. I don't want them to start missing me before I'm even gone. Nor do I want every meeting to be plagued by the "I'm going to miss you" sentiment.
That being said...
I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment