2012-07-20
Blackest Eyes
"Blackest Eyes"
by Porcupine Tree
A mother sings a lullaby to a child
Was it in the tree tops?
Sometime in the future the boy goes wild
Isn't that what boys do?
And all his nerves are feeling some kind of energy
All right, who gave Johnny soda again?
A walk in the woods and I will try
True story: A date took me for a walk in the woods and we saw a coyote carcass.
Something under the trees that made you cry
Allergies?
It's so erotic when your make up runs
Well, then you'd better go catch it! (hardee-har-har)
I got wiring loose inside my head
I know an electrician if you think it's a problem.
I got books that I never ever read
My goal to read every book I own was fueled (but not inspired) by this line
I got secrets in my garden shed
Like a crippled cousin?
I got a scar where all my urges bled
Your face.
I got people underneath my bed
Par-tay!
I got a place where all my dreams are dead
Eli Young might help you cope with that grief.
Swim with me into your blackest eyes
Why not tread water?
A few minutes with me inside my van
Only if you have candy.
Should be so beautiful if we can
Ability is a beautiful thing.
I'm feeling something taking over me
Time to learn a little self-control, I'd say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment