2012-11-29

My Brain Hurts

Between....
1. explaining to multiple people all the transporting of me and my family ocurring between here and Wisconsin, understanding of which occurred at various levels
2 writing nearly 600 words in 20 minutes this morning
3 trying to figure out the transition to our new pay schedule at work
4 and ironing out tonight's family plans....

I think it might be easier if my brain just exploded.

1. Not that hard.
 I leave Omaha on a bus on Wednesday going to Wisconsin. (via Chicago, where I thought I'd be stranded for the rest of my life, but that story will come later, when I get the pictures developed)
 My sister and brother-in-law leave Omaha in their car on Friday, going to Wisconsin.
 My brother-in-law and I leave Wisconsin on Monday and drive to Omaha.
 My sister, mom, and aunt leave Wisconsin on Wednesday and drive to Omaha
 My mom and aunt leave Omaha on Friday and drive back to Wisconsin

2. Mental exhaustion self-explanatory. I've been averaging about 34 wpm when I sit down to work on my NaNo, which I think might actually have a title. Oh, and it's looking like I'll finish.
3. My company pays us "current," meaning a paycheck on the 15th is payment for the hours worked from the 1st through the 15th. Starting in 2013, they'll be paying in "arrears," which is how everyone else does it. A paycheck on the 15th will be payment for the hours worked from the 15th through the 30th/31st of the previous month. I'm not confident I've wrapped my head around the consequences of the transitional pay period/s.

4. There are three things my mom, my sister and I wanted to do with our aunt (who is somewhat of a simpleton, having slept in the same bedroom since she was about 7). Dinner, Gingerbread Festival, and Orange Leaf (frozen yogurt). It took my mom and I 45 minutes last night to decide on a restaurant for dinner. (sheesh) Considering that the Gingerbread Festival is on the farthest end of town and far away from anything "unique" to Omaha (not available back home), only complicates things. Never mind that my roommate's tire was flattened this morning and asked me to give her a ride home from work. The end result (which involved 3 and a half sketches and a full screen view of GoogleMaps) is:
 I pick up roommate from work.
 Mom and aunt meet me at my place.
 We meet my sister at Village Inn for dinner.
 We drop one of the two vehicles off at my sister's.
 We go to the Gingerbread Festival.            
 We go to Orange Leaf.                
 My sister goes home.      
 I get taken home.
 My mom and aunt drive back to their hotel.                          



Yes, it's this messy on purpose.  I wanted the whole Art imitating Life thing going on here.  

No comments: