2014-05-20

My First Blanket

After starting 2 different blankets this year (in addition to the unemployment scrapghan), I finally finished one! Ends and all. (Which is why I don't consider any of the others finished.)

If I were mailing it, I might consider adding a border, even though the pattern doesn't call for one. But the friend I'm gifting it to as a belated wedding gift will be passing through this weekend, so no time. I'll barely have time to take it to the client who calls me her Little Crochet Girl. I told her I would bring it by when I was finished. We only work with her 8-5 on Saturdays and Sundays, which doesn't fit my availability, although she thinks I work in the office now, anyway. (Long story.)

I've done my best to include a photo. You probably can't tell, but there are two panels that I joined backwards (upper right of the photo). I also don't particularly care for the joining method I used, but went with it because it was easy. My roommate said she actually liked the bumpy effect. So, it's a wash. (Which reminds me, I should probably wash it before I gift it.






I immediately started my next project, which I'm having a hard time keeping hush about.

No comments: