2014-12-29

2015: Año en Español

When it comes to meeting the goals I set for myself in 2014, I didn't.  I made one blanket (and it was not completing the unemployment scrapghan or the Tree of Afghan), failed NaNo in November, and didn't even bother trying in April or July.  I haven't checked my goodreads, but I would be willing to bet that I read less than 25 books, which would have been half of my goal.

However, I spent about three months moving from the apartment that has been home for about 5 years to a new apartment in a town 90 miles from everything that felt like home instantly.  Great place, great people, and I spend a lot of my time avoiding thinking too far into the future.  I'm pretty sure receptionist/secretary work is the field I should be looking into, since I like short conversations with multiple people throughout the day and can be pretty organized about schedules and people's whereabouts.  I'll probably give my resume to one (or maybe both) of the staffing agencies in town early in 2015.  

As for my theme for 2015, I know what I said last year, and I am going to nix the idea of trying Books and Hooks again.  Had my life circumstances not changed, I might have been able to pull it off.  Anyway, in 2015, I'm going to make a (mood) blanket, write a novel, and learn Spanish.

Between the need for a translator in Relief Society and at the temple, I'm going to put valiant effort into learning the language.  I'm going to rely on 2013's theme of Rote Memorization to help me out.  I've tried Duolingo and Rosetta Stone apps, and they're okay, but I don't think they'll be what I need.  Instead, I'm going to start by memorizing himonos en Espanol, and then read el Libro de Mormon en Espanol side by side with English.

The mood blanket will be made using a pattern I found on Ravelry.  Most people do a motif (like a granny square) every day, but I'm going to do a row every day.  Because I hate sewing the motifs together and I also hate sewing in the ends, which are fewer with a row a day.  There's also less math involved.  I was going to use a color chart and have each color correspond with a particular mood, but I decided to not complicate things and will just choose whatever color strikes my fancy when I stare into the three tubs (one is small) of yarn in my closet.

!Feliz Año Nuevo!

No comments: