This summer, I am going to be doing something I've never done before: live with a teenaged boy. My roommate's brother is staying with us for the summer, with the intent of earning money for his mission. One of the main reasons is that the entry level blue collar economy out here is most definitely an employee's market. In fact, J had a solid job lead before he got here. The typical "my sister knows a guy who knows a lady who's hiring" scenario you'll find in small towns.
We just had the missionaries over, and it was interesting. Very nice that they came with the ward mission leader, who is pretty awesome. He said some things to my roommate that were very touching and I think did quite a bit of good. Not that I expect her to come to church anytime soon because of it, but I think it's a good layer.
I'm pretty excited to be living with another Mormon again, too. That hasn't happened much in my adult life. So this summer is probably going to be pretty good.
No comments:
Post a Comment