Welcome to 2016!
I've been thinking about what I would like
this year's "theme" to be, and there are some good ones out there.
Blake over at Millennial Mormons has come up with an idea to choose a
word for the year; his was "strive." Books and Hooks didn't go over so
well in 2014, but picked up a little bit in 2015, which will be
reflected in 2016. I'm choosing five things I would like to see myself
do sixteen times this year.
1. Finish 16+ blankets
The
reason I want to do this is because I have given some thought to
opening up an etsy shop, but I'd like to see how much I can crank out.
Basically, if I can complete these sixteen blankets in my non-work time
this year, I'll probably open one up. It may seem like an outlandish
goal to do more than one blanket a month, but I have one that
just needs the ends sewn in, one that's about four or five hours from
being finished, and two more that are already hovering around the
halfway point. Follow the progress on my seashmorecrochets instagram
account. Another crochet-related goal that I have (so I don't get
burned out on blankets) is to learn either how to crochet ties or knit.
2. Send out 16+ cards or letters
Also
related to the etsy shop testing, since I am awful about putting things
in the post. I have no idea why. The good news for this is, there are
about that many kids in my Primary, so if I send them all a little
postcard at some point, I'll have achieved this goal.
3. Walk for 16+ minutes a day.
This
may also help with the previous goal, as the post office is a fifteen
minute walk from my apartment, according to Google. There's also a
trail nearby that will work well when weather and lack of daylight
prevent me from taking more meandering walks.
4. Finish reading 16+ books
I
think I have yet to complete a goodreads challenge. However, once
summer comes, I plan on reading while walking. Also, I sometimes set
those goals really high, forgetting how little I actually read. I've
fallen away from my reading cycle the past few years, and I may have to
bring that back.
5. See 16 new places
Whether
that's an attraction out of town, a new restaurant, or simply going
over to a friend's house I've never visited before, I want to see 16 new
places in 2016. Going on a trip to western Nebraska to help a friend
fill his Nebraska Tourism Passport might be enough to cover it.
No comments:
Post a Comment