2016-02-04

I Will Follow God's Plan

That's the name of the song we're "learning" this month in Primary.  Mine already knows it pretty well, even Junior.  Even if there were only 3 Sundays in February, it wouldn't take all of them to learn it. So, I'm sure I'll have to get creative in filling the 10 minute slots.  (The 5-10-5 planning method is simply the best.)

Anyway....this week's lessons were planned today while breading onion rings and vacuuming. 
Junior
5: Books of the New Testament (I highly doubt anyone will cry about not doing the OT for a while)

10: Guided listening activity--I'm going to sing a few lines and ask them questions about what I just sang. My intentions are to scrunch down a little and lower my volume when I sing the answers, as sort of clues to listen in.  I might start off by telling them that I'm going to sing part of my testimony, because in a way I am.  If it doesn't take all ten minutes, I might ask for those who would like to sing this as their testimony to come join me at the front and we can all sing our testimony together.
What is my life?  (A gift.) 
What does my life have?  (A plan, a purpose.) 
Where did it begin? (In heav'n.) 
What did I choose? (To come to this lovely home on earth.)
What will I seek? (For God's light, to direct me from birth.)
What will I follow? (God's plan for me.)
What will I hold fast to? (His word and his love.)
What will I do? (Work, pray, always walk in his way.)
Where will I be happy? (On earth and in my home above.)

5: Probably Roll-A-Song, since no one seems to be sick of it yet.  It is exactly what it sounds like.  I took pieces of scrap paper (our temple office assistants will occasionally put out blanks from when they print and cut ordinance cards, and they are the perfect size for this) and stapled six sets of two pieces.  On the top piece, I put a number 1-6 and on the bottom, I wrote a song.  The set I use for Jr. has all Nursery songs to help our one Sunbeam transition.  I will probably work on rotating some in and out.

Senior
5: Scripture Song
10: Quick run through together, then have them sing it to me as I put up cards on the chalkboard to play Memory with the lyrics.  One side will have the first part of the line, then other side will have the second part.  It's kind of long now that I look at it.  I'll do it in halves.  If there's time, we'll do both this week.  If there's not, we'll do the other half next week.

My life: is a gift
My life: has a plan
My life: has a purpose
In heaven: it began
My choice was to: come to this lovely home on earth
To seek: for God's light
To direct me: from birth.
---------
I will follow: God's plan for me
Holding fast to: his word and his love
I will: work
And I will: pray
I will: always walk in his way.
Then I will: be happy on earth
And in: my home above

5: Possibly Roll-A-Song again.  I should make sure LDProphets is one of the songs, though.  F. has been asking for weeks when we can sing it again.  I'm a little surprised I haven't caved yet!

No comments: