2016-02-24

Hook Me UP!

Lots of to-doing on the crochet front of my life.  (Check out my Ravelry page or Instagram for pictures.)

I finished a minion-themed blanket for a coworker earlier this month (and learned to never, ever return yarn).  I loved accessing my creative juices and making it; she loved it; her youngest niece loved it and wants one, too!  (My coworker says they're going to Hobby Lobby to get me a present for making it.  Once I'm ready to get the yarn, I'll ask if she wants the same pattern.  If not, I found a TMNT one that I can swap colors on to make it minion themed.)

I'm currently working on a one-yarn log cabin pattern for another coworker.  She offered once to pay for the yarn, but since a miscarriage prevented me from making her a baby blanket right now, I'm not going to remind her.  (And probably underestimate the cost if she does.)  I am literally almost done with that one right now, and I started it less than two weeks ago.

This year, I've already had two close friends tell me they're pregnant, and another is getting married.  I have a cousin getting married, also, but that's 200+ days away.  I sat down and figured out when I would need to get started on those, giving myself a full month to finish each one.  (The wedding one will probably take a little longer, but I can probably knock out each of the baby blankets in three weeks, tops.)  I have to start Baby Ferg's blanket by March 1st, the wedding blanket by April 1st, and the Stoddy blanket by July 1st.

Add in the fact that I'm going to be doing a corner-to-corner, conference-to-conference blanket that will use approximately 14 skeins while listening to and reviewing General Conference, and that's a lot of crocheting!  Not to mention all of the social media updating.  I like keeping the IG feed, and will ideally utilize that if/when I open an etsy shop next year.  I also like using Ravelry as a project journal, and then there are two crocheting groups on facebook that actively try and encourage people to post what they're working on. 

I kind of tapered off on the walking 16 minutes every day, but since it's warmed up again recently, I've started up my reading walks again.  (It's the only way I'll be able to plow through LotR.)  I'm also trying to read while I take my meals at home.  (It encourages my roommate to keep at least one corner of the table clean.)

No comments: