2019-05-18

Compare and Curl

When I curled in the winter league this past January, I used my sister's hand-me-down half slider after the first week.  However, probably because I kept it in my car and constantly took it in and out of my pocket, in addition to it's age, it's started to separate and deform.  Since I just signed up for a summer league, I think it's time to invest in my own, anyway.

Having an inclination to support small, family owned businesses whenever I can, I went to Steve's Curling Supplies and saw that that they had something called a "pull on slider," which is basically a slider that you put on like a gripper.  I intended to purchase a wrap around slider.  The price difference isn't much, less than $10, but I'm not sure which would be better.  And it's not like there are tons of reviews on the differences between these two products, so I'll probably call them after work on Wednesday.  Or most likely sometime on Thursday, since I'll need to call my eye doctor's office on Wednesday to order a three month supply of contacts (unless there's a rebate on six months) since I can get a supply at cost once my 90 day probationary period is over.

Tonight has not been as productive as I initially anticipated.  First, there were a couple of people here tonight who don't usually come often outside of November.  It was nice being able to catch up with them.  Then I remembered about a song a coworker of mine shared that her seven year old son is obsessed with.  She played to the first chorus, and I knew I had to look it up.  So I've been immersing myself in the legend of Froggy Fresh tonight.  And I'm a little bit sad I missed the boat, although now that the ship has sailed, I can listen to the whole repertoire without waiting and know the whole story.  Added a couple of songs to my Weird Stuff playlist, which I pimped a little on a friend's facebook status when he talked about his playlists being weird.  Which also reminds me....I need to add a version for a couple of songs that play on the work radio.

And I still need to plan for my lesson tomorrow.  I'm hoping I can rope this young couple in to sitting in with me.  The wife is a friend of mine from YSA stuff, and she confided she's not a fan of our RSP, and their personalities do clash.  I'm hoping that they can sub for me next week when I go on a Memorial Day trip.  I mentioned her name to the Primary Presidency (as I told her I would) and the person I mentioned to said that sister was already on their list.  Even so,  I cannot leave without finding at least one sub. 

No comments: