Looking over the goals for my staycation listed in my last post, I didn't get very far. I still have another season of Dharma & Greg and another disc of Quantum Leap. I haven't even hit the halfway point of the wedding blanket, although now I'll have to take it out there myself instead of arranging to exchange it as they moved from WI to CA. Oh, shucks. A trip to California. I did not finish my NaNo, either. Only got about half way, which is still better than any other of my Camp attempts. However, I did rearrange my room (but not unpacked and have two loads of laundry to put away) and got the oil change, the eye exam, and a Nebraska Tourism Passport. I also spent an afternoon at the zoo and went out with a friend and her daughter for lunch.
I start my new job on Monday. If I leave at 7:00, it takes me 30 minutes with traffic. I'm worried that if I try leaving closer to 7:30, it'll take longer than 30 minutes. Also, a friend of mine who works in the same building told me that parking is a nightmare. This is good news for my reading life. I'm still not decided if I should take an hour unpaid lunch or a twenty minute paid. I'm not sure if that's something I can decide from day to day or if I need to make a decision and then work to make it right.
My tailbone is telling me to get off of this chair, and I really should be going home, anyway. I've spent a lot of time in the personal nether regions of the internet tonight. While listening to my We Do the Weird Stuff playlist on YouTube. I've forgotten about most of those songs, and how much I love them. Mostly parodies, Google Translate, and PostModern Jukebox kind of songs. I'll have to double tip tonight. They were short staffed and slammed. Buffetpalooza and prom. And there was one member of our party who was kind of a jerk, which resulted in the shift manager taking over our room. Which sucks because the other guy was better.
My plan for tomorrow is to crochet and email the temple president. My new schedule gives me Thursdays off and has me working until 5:30 the other days. My ward RS is doing an initiatory this week for the first session, and I ought to be able to get there for the 7:30/8 session. Okay, I still need to write out my scripture tags for tomorrow, and decorate two boxes as an object lesson for not judging others by their appearance.
No comments:
Post a Comment