2019-06-23

Feelings

I'm just needing some practice at typing.  I was planning on doing all sorts of that at NaNo on Saturday, but my computer was refusing to connect to the internet.  Rude.  I am considering skipping that particular location altogether.  This weekend, I felt a little bit isolated and afraid to come out as a Christian, or that people would judge me for my faith.

In all reality, a lot of it might have to do with the fact that my period is starting.  Emotions and anxieties tend to run high in the days preceding the bleeding. 

Two of the last three Thursdays off, I went to the zoo with friends.  The first one, we spent four hours there, and it came after I slept four hours, and then drove three hours to pick up my contacts.  Exhausting.  The second one was more irritating than exhausting.  We were meeting a friend from college and her kids.  We assumed her husband was coming, but turns out she was accompanied by her brother, sister-in-law, and their kids.  The kids definitely outnumbered the adults, but behaved well enough.  They were rather late, and I ended up being able to stay only for the Aquarium and the top half of the Rainforest.  Kinda bummed me out, but that's the way it goes, I guess.

This past Thursday was no zoo, but that was because I went with HMA to pick up a dresser that my dad had for me.  It was the one my sister and I shared in our bedroom and would climb and hide in.  He was using it in his living room, but picked up a hutch when he went back home to do the final pick of my grandparent's house.  I was able to get rid of one of the white Sterlite containers and will be able to put some random things in one of the drawers.  Top is for all shirts, the bottom three inside cubes are garments, delicates, and scrubs.  There is a slat inside for a drawer that has disappeared over time that I am using for socks and braces.  The bottom two drawers on the outside are for pants, skirts, and bags.  Those are subject to change. 

The blue dresser is no longer used for yarn; that honor will soon hopefully belong to the leftover white Sterlite container.  I only have the top three drawers filled right now, and they are packed to the brim with paper, cards, and sticker in the top drawer; stamps and miscellaneous crafts in the second drawer; textiles and photos in the third; and yarn is in the fourth.  As I was cataloguing just now, I realized that I could take the (empty) notebooks from the white container and put them in the fourth drawer.  I might also be able to fit some of the other crap that is filling the boxes hanging out in my room in that drawer.

With all of this rearranging going on, I have realized that I don't really have enough space in my room for the green recliner.  I probably do for the tan recliner, though, and that is also easier to shuttle down to the Nerd Cave proper for gaming purposes, possibly easier than HMA's office chair.  I think I'm going to do some research and possibly rent a small storage unit for some of the things that I'm not currently using, but don't want to get rid of.  HMA said he may game for going in with me on it. 

But, before I leave the internet for the night, I need to go and cancel my order for Karma Candle.  I am set up plenty, although I won't necessarily be sad if they charge/send me another order.

No comments: