About a month or so ago, I was talking to HMA about mental health issues, specifically bipolar disorder, and I described myself as having "extended release bipolar." It came out as a joke, but I realized it's kind of true. My chemical lows always come in the winter and my chemical highs/manias always come in the summer. The circumstantial stuff hits where and when it hits.
I'm working on taking advantage and managing what I can of my impulsive mania. Buying a $30 rocking chair at the grocery store and keeping it outside, even though it says not to. I've almost surprised myself by actually using it.
I also spontaneously took a cat to the Humane Society. On the night of the 3rd, HMS came home with a cat called Tiger who had been hanging around her girlfriend's house. Between the storms and the fireworks, they decided he needed to be inside. Don't ask me why they brought him to our neighborhood instead of keeping him there. They only have five cats, to our seven permanent. (We also have a cat with a litter of five newborns that they couldn't keep at their house because they still have a couple left over from the last litter they took in.) Anyway, HMS said she would take him in to the vet on the 5th to get scanned for a chip and go from there. Apparently, she was "out for the count" that day, according to HMA. I'm guessing it was from the migraine she was complaining about on the 4th. When they were all getting ready to go to Big Lots to get a pump for a swimming pool that HMN bought, I asked her if she had taken him.
"I forgot." No promises to do it on Monday, which is when her vet's office opens again. I sighed (hopefully internally) and went back to my cave downstairs. So devoid of light; I may have to resort to using my sun lamp in freaking July to help me remember to drink water. I should fold up the blankets that are down there. I've been sleeping on the futon to keep Tiger cat company.
Anyway, they left, and shortly after, I googled the hours of other vets nearby as well as the Humane Society. Turns out, they would be open for another four hours, so I fed Tiger and put him in a carrier. Took him in, and within half an hour, they had found a chip, a lost pet report, and called his mommy. They're out of town, and he got out when the pet sitter came over. They arranged to pick him up tomorrow, and I told the HS if the owners don't, call me, because we had a home lined up for him.
I'm trying not to get frustrated about things. Even though I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with my calling. I literally have not had a co-teacher since March. I've been teaching these wonderful little people for a year now, and have had a co-teacher for about six months. They were so close to getting me one, but then stake and ward boundaries changed, so my needs fell through the cracks. Also, the one Primary Presidency member I felt like I connected with moved.
I ought to bring it up with my RSP, who is going to burn herself right out if she's not careful. Assuming others don't burn her at the stake for being overinvolved. She means well, I know she does, but she seems to focus on what she thinks is needed versus what people are saying they need. I'm just not emotionally available to give people rides right now. At least, not the people who need rides every week. And I'm trying really hard not to judge the woman who only makes an appearance in the ward via the RS facebook page to request donations because she overstayed her welcome at a women's shelter.
But I'm trying to be more positive. I love my job (most days, when I don't need help, because it can be difficult to find someone not having a personal conversation) and I feel like I've been losing weight. Forgot to weigh myself this morning, but the last time I did, I was 214.8 in the evening. After my excursion and adventure to Seward on the 4th, I came home with my pants feeling a little looser than when I left, if that's any indication. I also need to get off the blogging, read a little, adn start doing some major writing. Need to set goals; haven't done that in a while. Need to finish something, but not sure what. Poetry might be a thing, if I can start taking a notebook with me. A short story might be a better start for now. Will try to complete one by the end of the month, even though I'm not officially doing a Camp project.
I also need a break from those people. I may very well just come down to my old Panera and start spending Saturday nights here again. In the dining room, this time, though. But I really do need to get off the screen since I left my blue blockers at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment