I need more goals in my life. Goals provide structure.
Goal: to spend one hour each week working with genealogy.
Whether that be searching for my own ancestor's, playing around on http://new.familysearch.org or learning how to spell it.
If I'm not serving in the Family History Center on a Saturday, I'll do this on Fridays.
Goal: update lit blog once per week.
Let's say Sunday.
Goal: send out more resume's/apply for more jobs.
I'll apply at least one place every Monday morning.
Goal: Eat healthier.
This is a broader goal than my other ones. So it's going to take a little longer. I'm starting with a food journal on April 1. Hopefully I can stick with it for a week or two so I can look at what I'm actually eating and what is best for me to do about it. (Both in terms of my health and my ambition.)
When setting goals, it's important to know your limits. These are all things that I'm confident I can do. Of course, these aren't the only goals I have for myself, but if you have too many goals, you become burdened and you experience less success.
1 comment:
If I started a food journal on April 1, it would read: Breakfast - dry toast, 1/4 t margarine, one strawberry. Snack - every Easter-themed malted milk product on the face of the earth, eleven Reese's pb eggs, Diet Coke. Lunch - pureed food journal.
Good luck, sister!!
Post a Comment