The title is a line from IQ. (Great movie, by the way. You should watch it. If you want to watch my copy, you'll have to watch it with me; I don't want to risk never getting it back.) I use it because it's quite applicable to my own life. If LDS English majors/degree holders know how to do anything, they know how to apply and relate anything to just about any other thing, but especially their own life.
In the past two weeks...
A lot has happened. And it would shock you.
This time of year brings graduates and the end of the school year. Students start experiencing summeritis, if not senioritis. People get restless; they've spent months cooped up like 5 year-olds waiting for the guest of honor at a surprise party. They hear the door unlock and some of them jump the gun.
Speaking of jumping the gun...
Some people gush and goo about marrying their best friend. (Either in the past or future.) I get to gush and goo that my sister married my best friend. It might have been easier for me to express my happiness for them had I had more than 3 hours notice of the wedding. Seriously, it took about 3 days to recover from the shock. I'm still recuperating, though. The physical therapy is tough, but I hear it's worth it.
"Yes, it was a very strange wedding."
"That's the most random thing I've done today."
"We found her off the internet."
"Hope you don't mind if my daughter takes pictures. They're for our website....it's currently under construction."
Those were all things said the day of.
It was really more of the groom's day than anyone's, I think. He's there, marrying the woman of his dreams, with his 2 best friends at their sides. His happiness shone brighter than anything else that day. The bride...oh, the bride. She is certainly excited about this new adventure called marriage. They told me it had only been the night before that they had realized they were meant for each other. She got mad for no reason when they went to pick up dinner. He left her in the car for 30 minutes, letting her think he didn't have the keys. When she was done being mad, he acted as though nothing had happened. (He's actually taught me a lot about how to forgive people.)
It's okay; I keep dropping my jaw, too. Oh, and sighing as you stumble to find a word other than "shocking" to describe the feeling is common. No need to consult your physician unless symptoms worsen.
Another change is that my sister bought a car. A week before the wedding. She neglected to tell our father about it. I'm sure they had other things to talk about when she called him. It was not handled in the wisest fashion, saying the least. (Even I don't want to say the most.) Suffice it to say that she paid more than she needed to or should have, and she did so without test driving it.
I've been looking to trade my job for a career for the past year or so. Ask me why, and I'll ask you which straw you want off the camel's back. There were so many piled on there that I can only guess which one broke it. Not that it matters, since the straw stacking didn't stop even after the back was broken.
My search yielded success! Yesterday, a health insurance company called me regarding my application for a claim's processor. (Which I hear from someone who retired there in August that it's a rather tough job. Of course it would be if I'm getting it.) They said it was conditional upon a drug test and background check, which I should pass unless someone's stolen my identity without my knowing. If that turns out to be the case, I'll have to sue myself.
Any other changes in my life?
Nothing comes to mind.
I've certainly had enough upheaval for one spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment