2010-04-23

One for the Road

I want to share another story from my past.

My college bishop told the congregation one time about flying with his wife and 5 children (or maybe it was only 4 at the time). While being instructed by the flight attendant on what to do in case of an emergency, as parents they were told to put their own oxygen masks on first. He said he didn't understand this until he started flying with more than one or two children.

Then it became clear to him why he needed to put his mask on before helping his children with theirs.

If he didn't put his on first, he wouldn't have enough stamina to help all of his children. And what would be the point of saving children just to make them orphans? (Well, he didn't put it like that, but I will.)

I could say more, but I have a zoo to get to, and it's not the one I work at.

No comments: