2011-02-11

It's Official!

I've joined the throngs of happy-go-lucky Americans on anti-depressants.

Okay, so maybe that happy-go-lucky part isn't entirely accurate...

Since I'm on them because of the Seasonal Affective Disorder I've been granted (I wouldn't call it a blessing, but it's not a curse, either), I'll probably be able to lower the dosage or stop them altogether at about the time we figure out what a good one is. Then the real dosage-perfecting fun can begin again in October. Even though I'll probably start off low and work my way into a higher one as I peak in December, January and February.

For those of you just now discovering this about me, please believe that you need not be worried. The nice thing about SAD, especially in comparison to general depression, is that there's a light built into the end of the tunnel. So no suicide from this gal.

But I will throw out there that I've found I'm less depressed when I have fewer obligations and my schedule is lighter. So if you don't see me at social gatherings (especially large ones), please remember that it is personal. But not personal with you-it's personal with me. I'm slowly learning to be more open about dealing with this so the people in my life can deal with me in a way that's better for me.

In sillier news, next Monday (the 21st, when my KLove challenge is over) I can finally give a listen to those CD's I found in the bank parking lot the other day. They're burned and one of them's not labeled. I'm curious about if I'll find anything good, although I doubt it.

No comments: