2011-02-04

Love-Hate Love

I'm on day 11 of the KLove 30 day challenge. I've been enjoying it as I thought I would. I've tuned into the local classical radio station and been taken back to my school band days. It's been fabulous!

What I was not prepared for and have not been appreciating is the Love Story contest. Matthew West, a popular Christian musical artist, will write a song based on the winning love story. The stories are about how people met, how one or both of the partners were "there" during miscellaneous hard times. It's causing me to have a love-hate relationship with love. All the weddings I was exposed to last year actually helped me get over the bitterness of being unattached. But there are a lot of stories being read over the air that sound familiar to my most recent romance story.

The biggest difference between mine and theirs is mine ended. Because I didn't tell the leading man what was going on. And, boy, do I feel dumb about that.

But I'll be glad when today (and the contest) is over and I don't have to keep hearing all these stories!

No comments: