The long and short of it is that the Missouri River is flooding. And not just, "Hey, guys, we got some heavy rain last night, so be careful driving." I mean, "Don't take I-29; it's closed." Sandbagging parties, people moving in with their mom, emptying their basement into their daughter's home.
Siouxland (Sioux City, South Sioux City, Dakota Dunes), home of my alma mater, seems to be getting the worst of it. I probably wouldn't know how to navigate since where I'd get on to the interstate is covered with water.
photo number 17 (of 17, so the last one)
photo number 14 gives me that ironic giggle. It's a riverboat casino.
Here's a link to more pictures and video.
I want to help, but there are other good causes that are drawing my attention at the moment, so I can't go sandbagging, I can't help people pack up their stuff or anything like that. But if I didn't have someone moving in by the end of the month, I'd offer up my spare room, either for storage or living. If I had internet or video editing software at home, I'd make a little montage with this verse and some of these photos. But since I don't, you'll have to use your imagination.
It's verse 4 of "How Firm A Foundation."
When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of sorrow shall not thee o'erflow.
For I will be with thee, thy troubles to bless...
And santify to thee thy deepest distress.
No comments:
Post a Comment