2011-06-10

MS. Unafraid

There's a fundraising bike ride for MS. I don't know much about the disease, other than it is essentially paralysis. And that it sucks to have it. (What disease isn't like that, though?) It's a 2-day ride between Omaha and Lincoln, but they've graciously broken it down for those of us who aren't quite as capable of 2 days of bike riding. Or just don't want to. Or have other obligations. I'm going to try the 65-mile main route. I've done 25 coasting around the trails on my own in an afternoon, so I think can manage. Plus, there will be other riders and water/rest stops along the way.

I'll need to get Nuella a tune-up, maybe new tires and a new (better-fitting) helmet. If I wasn't trying to be such a spend-thrift, I might even spring for bike shorts and a mirror.

My employer has organized a team, so I'll be riding with them. I love my job!

No comments: