2012-09-06

Why My Blog Blows

I'm kind of a black sheep in the blogging community.  (I suppose my calling it "the blogging community" rather than the "blogosphere" doesn't help.)  I don't have a lot of followers, I don't get a lot of comments, and I suppose that puts me at the outcast table at lunch.  Truth be told: I would rather sit in the doorway of the auditorium. 

I have no interest (at this time) of changing the things that hold me back from a "successful" blog.

Here's why I think my blog blows:

  • I'm at a technological disadvantage.  I don't have the latest anything, including updates about the latest anything.  Seriously.  To capture digital pictures, I either borrow my sister's or use my flip phone. 
  • I don't use images.  Too much effort is required for me to incorporate them.  (See above.)
  • I get wordy.  I'm a wordsmith; I could help it if I wanted to, but I don't so I won't.
  • People don't hit me up.  I follow at least twice the amount of bloggers who follow me (publicly).  I also track my page views and have learned few people follow the links my few friends/followers are gracious enough to share.  People also aren't attracted to my blog by comments I make elsewhere. 
  • I'm inconsistent.  I don't just mean in terms of the frequency of my posting, either.  I don't have a theme or really even a style.  Sometimes I'm silly and sometimes I'm serious.  My blogging tongue has wagged, been tripped over, been bitten (by myself), been put in my cheek, and stuck out at the world.
  • I don't use labels.  I don't like them in life, and I don't like them on my blog. 

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I think a lot of people feel the way you do about blogs, I know I do sometimes! I like your posts, whether they be funny or serious. But I'm TERRIBLE at commenting. I do read it though, so post whenever you want!