This is the third week I've been doing overtime. I'll typically do about a 10-hour day.
The reason they're even offering OT is (I'll try to use layman's terms) as follows:
Contracts were renewed with altered benefits. The system was having trouble updating, and claims that fall under the new contracts were put on hold until the system could be updated to make sure they were applying benefits correctly. Well, the system started taking too long to accept the updates so they began assigning people to assign the benefits manually, which takes significantly more brain power. The overtime was first encouraged because our backlogs were four times what they normally are.
Because people were pulled from their regular queues to do the manual processing, there weren't as many people working the regular queues, so now they've got a backlog being chased by the calendar. One girl has been working 12 hour days for 3 weeks. Because she's insane (and works from home, so no commute time).
...On the subject of work....
Some years ago, I realized that one of the qualities I look for in a husband is someone I can work with. There are three things I want to do with my eternal companion, and they all require a significant amount of work.
1. Raise children (regardless of whose womb they come from)
2. Serve as baptistry coordinators in a temple (either before or after the children have been raised)
3. Serve a full time mission as a senior couple
If I can't communicate with and trust a man to pull his share, let's face it -- none of those things are going to happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment