Guess what! 13 years later, I finally feel like I've joined the 21st century!
I got a smartphone! So, ~yay~ for the facebooking, tweeting, instagramming, and blogging from wherever! (I'm not quite adept enough to do links to my profiles there, but I go by seashmore just about everywhere.)
Saturday, I went in to look at the LG Lucid, but Nick, the cute sales guy, talked me into being phone twins so I got the RazrM. (That's not actually how he went about it; he really sold me on the differences between the two being in favor of the RazrM, which he told me he had and liked.)
He was a pretty good salesperson, too. He may have been a little new, but did a pretty good job. He found out what my tech-profile was and made suggestions based on that. He also listened to me if I told him why something wasn't going to work for me. Why would I need a tablet when I'm getting a smartphone and have a netbook waiting to be fixed at home?
His manager, on the other hand...uck. This guy always annoys me whenever I go into that store. And it isn't just the high-pitched, tinny voice he has, either. While Nick was back getting me my phone and product-specific accessories to try and upsell, the manager came over and showed me some little thing that you can take anywhere and charge two devices on it at once. I let him talk because, well, I didn't have much else to do while Nick was away; he had already taken me around most of the store (and asked me twice what else I had going on that day). At one point, the manager interrupted himself and said that Nick would be sure to tell me more about it himself when he came back.
Which he did. Although, I think the only reason he talked so much about the it was because his manager was within earshot. Sensing I wasn't sold on the device, the manager jumped in and tried to pitch it to me again. When he repeated that I could charge two devices on it, I told him, "I don't have two devices to charge on it."
Nick, snatching a great opportunity, jutted in with the suggestion that it could come in handy if I were around friends who also needed to be charged.
I gave him a sassy, "I don't like my friends that much." He stifled a laugh and the manager either walked away or successfully failed at selling me an overpriced car charger.
Once Nick and I had sorted out what all I was purchasing, he offered to upload my contacts for me. He did his magic, and scrolled through the list. I recognized all the names on there and nothing looked out of place. I paid and we parted ways.
About an hour after I was home, a friend called me. After speaking with her, I realized her name hadn't shown up on the caller i.d., so I double checked the contact list. Turns out Nick had uploaded the contact list from my e-mail, not from my phone. I considered putting it off until Monday (I had a concert to get ready for) until my roommate pointed out that cute Nick would probably still be there, whereas he might not be on Monday.
The manager asked me what I was back for, and I explained the foible. He put my name to be next on the list, and I think Nick may have hurried with his last customer to be the next available associate. He approached me as he was on his way to put away all the toys he hadn't sold to his last customer and asked why I was back.
I explained, and he said he'd be right back out.
After he fixed it, he brought it over and scrolled through the new contact list, made a comment how many more there were (I have a serious number-hoarding problem) and asked if I noticed any were missing. I assured him there weren't, thanked him, and he sent me on my way after telling me to enjoy the concert that night.
As I got home, I realized I should have told him I was, in fact, missing a number: his.
2 comments:
Weird guy!
I never wanted a smartphone, but my husband got me one for Christmas. Now I'm addicted.
Post a Comment