Okay, so I think I might be getting a little too excited about this, but we shall see.
(Seriously, tell me to take the giddiness down a notch; I need constant reminders.)
One of my old roommates got married last weekend, and I knew going into it that the groomsmen would be single. I suspected they would be a little nerdy and approximately my age (within a year or two), but had no idea the one would be so darn cute!
And the cuteness went beyond the looks, too.
There was a maid of honor, a married bridesmaid (so would that be like a bridematron?), a groomsman and a best man. I was (as usual) selected as the personal attendant (I have a penchant for details and organization, and won't wear anything revealing my shoulders). The married bridesmaid, bless her heart, caught me talking with the groomsman as the DJ started playing a slow song. She prodded us onto the dance floor like the dairy farmer's wife and daughter she is, and I have never been so appreciative of a DJ playing 3 slow songs in a row. In fact, I usually scrutinize them for that.
Pretty sure the cutest thing he did was when he told me about how his 13 year-old sister broke her iPod when she tripped over something one of their brothers had left while visiting home. It worked, but the screen was broken, and he fixed it because he didn't want her cutting her fingers on the glass.
That's even cuter than the puppy he just got and takes the time to go home and let her out on his lunch break. He lives about 15 miles from where he works.
We also had a legitimate flirtual conversation as we were helping to load the wedding gifts into the house. I cautioned him that a particular box was a little heavy as he picked it up to carry it, insisting that he had it.
"Oooh, look at you, Mr. Strong Man," I teased him.
"That's because I'm trying to impress you," he said as I followed him into the house.
"Well, it's working," I said, hopefully loud enough for him to hear. (I've heard I have a very quiet voice.)
Then I got some of the decorations I was carrying stuck in my hair and he graciously set me free after I set them on the table.
He's also witty, fond of reading, and very shy. He warmed up to me pretty quickly, although I've found that most people do (at least the ones who don't have anything to hide), so I'm not putting much stock in that.
But I am putting stock in his willingness to come to Thursday night volleyball two weeks in a row when I'm the only person there whom he knows.
1 comment:
Yay for you!
Post a Comment