2013-05-01

Walk on the Moon

Is it just me or a message from above?
Bells are ringing,
"Christmas bells, those Christmas bells, ring out through the land.  Asking peace of all the world and good will to man." ~ The Royal Guardsman, Snoopy's Christmas
push has finally come to shove
The door before me now is opened just enough
Mostly closed is slightly open (mostly dead is slightly alive)
I’m sick and tired of waiting
"An-ti-ci-pa-a-a-a-a-tion" ~Carly Simon, Anticipation
For dreams that never come
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes..." ~Heart, These Dreams
Like a game I never played in
And still wish that I had won
"Quit playing games with my heart..." ~Backstreet Boys, Quit Playin' Games (With My Heart)

I’m alive
Got one shot and I’m taking it to you
"Here's the watch that my grandpa gave me, here's the keys to my car." ~Tim McGraw, Don't Take the Girl
I’m alive
"Ah, ah, ah, ah, stayin' alive, stayin' alive." ~BeeGees, Stayin' Alive
I’ve come to realize not a moment too soon
This is my one small step
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."  ~Lao-Tzu
This is my Walk on the Moon

Don’t you think their hands were
shaking as that rocket ship touched down
I’m sure they shivered
"J-j-j-jack, I'm so cold." ~(like you don't know what movie that's from)
when they finally touched the ground
The giant leap so fragile
"One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." ~Neil Armstrong 
that it hardly made a sound
" Oh I know the silence was the loudest thing I ever heard." ~Great Big Sea, Clearest Indication

But it must have been amazing
"Amazing grace, how sweet the sound..."
What a world they got to see
"It's a small world, after all."  ~Disney's Lion King, It's a Small World
So I don’t care, my foolish fear
Won’t get the best of me
"Whoa, whoa, you got the best of my love." ~The Emotions, Best of My Love

No comments: