I've been serving as an ordinance worker in the temple since November, and I've come to learn about all sorts of love in all different ways. I love to see lots of people in the temple, but there are certain kinds I get especially smile-y about. For the most part, this also applies to people at church.
Pregnant ladies. Don't really know why; I just do. Probably something to do with hope for the future. Parents who make good choices increase the liklihood of their children also making good choices.
People who are handicapped/disabled, the kind of people who need help getting dressed. Two reasons. One: they aren't letting their physical inabilities prevent them from worshipping the Lord. It would be so easy to pout and say, "My arm's in a sling. I'm staying home. God will understand." Just as sure as I am that He does understand, I am sure that He appreciates those who come and worship regardless. Two: they provide opportunities for service. Watching someone help their friend (or just the stranger next to them) zip up their dress or get their shoes on makes me smile.
People with tattoos. Let me 'isplain. To me, it says that, yeah, they may have had an unsavory past, or made bad decisions, or whatever, but they're making good ones now. Not only can people change, they can change for the better.
Newbs. I love, love, love seeing people who are there for the first time. (Or the first time in a long time.) Noticing how they look at everything for the first time, helps me look at it with fresh eyes, too. Some of them are nervous, and it's cute. Some of them are excited, and that's contagious. But they are all filled with awe, and it fills me with awe, too.
Also on the list: adult children with their parents, people from my ward, people who used to be in my ward, out-of-towners, youth, and regulars.
1 comment:
Personally I love seeing pregnant women anywhere! :) And people helping others is always a wonderful sight.
yeah, they may have had an unsavory past, or made bad decisions, or whatever, but they're making good ones now. Not only can people change, they can change for the better.
Why do tattoos mean that these people had an unsavory past or made bad decisions?
Post a Comment