Thursday, June 27, I went to a work luncheon, where they surprised us with tickets to the College Home Run Derby! As many as we wanted!! I took 4, hoping to get 2 guys and another girl to make it a good double date. Yeah, that didn't pan out. But I did get 3 fabulous ladies to go with me, and we had a great time!
Because I got them through work, I sat next to one of my "work moms," who brought her 4 year-old grandson along. lol...he was such a cutie!
Before the show, they had some skydivers come in, and that was pretty cool.
 |
| Other people's pictures are better, but these are mine. |
The friend I sat next to served an LDS mission in Houston, so she was rooting for the guy from Rice right away. I picked a ginger named Gonzalez to be my favorite for the night. Those were the two who ended up in the final round. My friend decided to do a little Angels in the Outfield move and started flapping her arms and chanting, "Faith in the 15" repeatedly. The rest of us kept giggling. (The guy's jersey number was 15.)
The 22 minute firework show was also pretty neat, and I got to hear Katy Perry. Uhhh-gen.
After it was all over, I raced out of the stadium to pick up my roommate from the train station. Thanks to my mad crowd maneuvering skills
(both on foot and behind the wheel, as long as I know where I'm going), she had hardly been outside 5 minutes by the time I arrived.
No comments:
Post a Comment