2014-01-15

Books and Hooks

Slight revision on that last post....
I've done pretty well at the one-year plans, so I think it's time I stepped it up a notch and tried a two-year plan, hence 2014 and 2015 being dubbed Books and Hooks.  Decision incurred because I saw something on Instagram on New Year's Day.  It's called a Mood Blanket.  Basically, you crochet one motif each day based on your mood.  At the end of the year, you have a large blanket version of a journal.  Had I seen it with enough advance to plan, I would have done that this year.  However, I need more than a day to make all the decisions relative to one.  Also, I'm two projects deep as it is.  (Not counting the unfinished baby blanket in the garage that I inherited as part of a yarn dump from a friend.)
 Since my progress on these will be documented on goodreads and instagram, there probably won't be a whole lot of it here. I'll still try to post here about once or twice a month on other things, though.

2014: Books and Hooks
  • Read 50 books
  • Finish 2013 NaNo manuscript (Life in Shelby)
  • Finish assembling the scrapghan I started while unemployed
  • Complete at least one baby blanket
  • Tree of afghan
    • Inspired by a day at the temple and the Mormon Trail Center Quilt Show
    • Although I haven't done the math, this project may literally be larger than life 
    • Over 400 crocheted triangles in various colors, this will represent the stained glass window in the Celestial Room at the Winter Quarters Temple
       
2015: Books and Hooks
  • Read 50 books
  • Finish 2014 NaNo manuscript
  • Mood blanket
  • Complete at least two additional afghans

1 comment:

Mrs. Teacher said...

What a great to do list! Nice goals. Keep us updated on your progress :)