2018-08-29

Applicationing Myself

I've been treating my job search the way that I've been treating my dating life; it can be summed up in that I'm waiting for something to fall in my lap.  I look at openings and tell myself that it's not what I'm looking for, but am feeling a bit Lloyd Dobler-y about the whole thing.
 I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed.
 That being said, I've found a few places to apply.  I just need to get over the hump and actually do it.  Had very good intentions to do it this morning, then saw that I had mail for a bill I've forgotten about.  So I ran errands first.  That wore me out more than I was expecting, so I pushed the applying off until the afternoon.  When I got my work station all set up and ready to go, that's when I realized I hadn't plugged my charger into the wall.  But I'm here now, and ready.  I applied for one that I found tonight that sounds like the best fit so far, outside of the "medical receptionist" category that I haven't felt confident about for a few weeks.  I would be working in the Registrar's Office of a local University.  Hopefully they call me back instead of deciding I'm overqualified.  And that I can give a good explanation on the ever-growing employment history gap.

I weighed myself the other day, for the second time in three months.  Officially broke the 200 lb. mark, and now weigh more than I ever have at any point in my life.  I should have taken a walk or gone for a run or done yard work (it's been almost a week since the back yard was mowed and we have a lot of dead branches to cut out of a giant pine tree) today, and I might yet.  We'll see.  It'll require a change of clothes and a shower, and those take so much out of me.  Have no idea why, but those are the most spoon-costing things ever on my to-do list. 

After working in the temple the last few weeks, I've realized I liked Saturdays better.  They tend to be busier and I just love that.  When I interviewed with a member of the temple presidency, he mentioned they also need help on Saturday evenings.  I'd have to give up NaNo, or get used to showing up a couple of hours late and in church dress each week.

Which reminds me.....I've got something for the lit blog!

No comments: