Woke up on my birthday to the joys of menstruating! (Why can I never spell that word?) Went upstairs and played Top Shop. HMJ was asleep on the couch when I started the game against Santa. He woke up part way through with a bloody nose, which he gets often enough for us to keep the humidifier going 24/7. I tossed him the box of tissues and said that I, too, had started the morning off bleeding.
I beat Santa! Which makes me kind of sad because I never did get around to taking a pic of the screen in the dialogue before the game, where Santa (who is a creepy round robot) says "Be quiet, or I'll punch you out!" No worries, though. I accidentally saved a game at Stage 7 and still don't have a job, so I may get to it, yet.
Went for lunch with my dad. It was his first time at Don & Millie's, and I had no idea how amazing their chicken sandwiches were! Then we went to Half Price because I thought the 20% off ran from Thursday through Labor Day. Turns out it was only Friday through Labor Day, so I feel even worse that my dad insisted that he pay for my selections. ("Freaks and Geeks" and a paperback of "The Green Mile" on clearance.) But he did get the Godfather I and II for less than $10. (He had found part I and I had seen part II on the clearance shelves.) At least they put the receipt in my book and he paid cash so he won't know unless I tell him. It was still less than $20. But he also put the wrong address on my card, and I got upset thinking my roommates had lost it in the mail.
Went home and hung out until we went to Texas Roadhouse. It was me, Stu, HMN, Nic, HMS, HMJ, his gf, and me. We had invited Andy and Sean, but Andy had to work and we suspect Sean went on a drinking binge. I was glad they had noticed I had left him out on the message, and told Nic to extend the invite on my behalf. We ended up back at his place because Nic lives with him. They've foster/adopted a feral cat who had just given birth, so Nic invited us in to play with kitties!! They had just opened their eyes and ears and couldn't even stand up straight on their own legs. I like to think that treating Sean as normally as I treat everyone else made a difference. He brought their nieces to NaNo Saturday. Nic, HMN and HMS had said they would be there about 8ish. The third grader was anxious and a bit upset when they weren't there by 8:15. It made Sean a little upset, too. I mentioned it in passing to HMS the other day, saying only the bit about the niece being upset they weren't there when they said they would be, so she, her older sister and I took turns drawing something on a whiteboard thing she had so she could take it around and see if people could guess who drew what. The biggest reason I said anything was because they were being critical of Sean leaving early without the girls, completely ignoring their own inconveniencing of others.
Texas Roadhouse and kittens were good, though.
Still don't have a job. (Did I mention that?) HMJ gives me a good-natured hard time about it. No one else at home asks about it. Neither does anyone at church. I've started working at the temple, and my standard answer for when people ask what I do is: Right now, I'm looking for work as a medical receptionist. People with a genuine interest ask me more or pretend to think of a lead while people just idly asking nod their heads and wish me luck. Lately, I've been adding that Omaha Steaks ought to be hiring their seasonal workers, which feels good as a backup to me.
This week, one sister mentioned that her former home teacher is a doctor and that I should give him a call. I probably should do that when I'm done here. I checked him out online and his practice seems like a good place. Just need to script up what I say, then call the number listed in the directory so I can mention Sister B's name. I don't feel like that ought to be something I bother him about at work; a lot of reviews mention how busy he is. If there had been a website with an email....no, I still don't think I'd have gone that route. Trying not to be nervous.
I've become obsessed with Australian entertainment. Movies and TV shows for now, but it's starting to reach into the music world. This week, it's been the show Offspring, as found on Netflix. I may give it up, though, as it keeps getting nudey and sex driven. As in, there isn't a character who takes sex seriously. Well, the main one might, but she's a chronic overthinker, even with casual encounters. The music is really good. I'll probably start fast forwarding through all of those bits to get a feel for how often it's really happening.
Also, I plan on signing up for medical studies. Got a flyer on the door and one of the characters in Offspring made a deal out of doing it. I had a friend do it to get him through college, and it seems better than donating plasma. Had a terrible experience the last time I tried to donate blood. I have rolling veins, which is problematic.
No comments:
Post a Comment