Had an interview for a job I was really hoping to get. Even made what I thought was a good button impression as I was being walked out. (Held the elevator for someone who turned out to be an employee.) However, I also admitted that, at my previous job, I had had some issues with hygiene while experiencing some depression. (I forget what the question was, but it was the only example I could think of that applied.) I'm assuming that I haven't got the job because they said I would hear back by the end of the week, and here we are on Friday at the end of the day and I haven't had a call or email from them. I caught a quick peek at a post-it on the front desk when I checked in and saw my name in the middle of two others, so I'm assuming there were two other interviews for the same position that same day, and I was in the middle.
I guess that puts me back at square one, and all of the things I said I would do if I needed to...don't feel right. Food service and going back to the job that gave me awfully inconsistent hours were my Plan B. Although, I do still have another two months to find something. I had a friend tell me that their receptionist might get transferred and asked me to send her my resume to forward on if/when that happens.
Also saw a posting for a librarian at a local college. Not exactly what I'm looking for, but it might be a good growth experience for me. The application suggests a letter of recommendation. I know three librarian friends who went to school there, and I know at least two of them worked in that library. One of them I've worked with at a part time job, one of them I haven't talked to in about five years, and the other is really my friend's sister. (Oddly enough, the same friend who asked for my resume and whose mother gave me a lead for a job that I really enjoyed.)
I probably should be worried, but I was set apart as a temple worker (the Tuesday after I was set apart as a Sunbeam teacher), and was blessed to obtain gainful employment. So I know it's coming. I just don't have the details. Or ideas.
I need to take more control of my life. I need to write and crochet more. I haven't finished a project since the beginning of June. That's over two months!! I've finished reading two books, though. And will probably finish another one in a week or so. I've rediscovered outside, though, which is good. Set a chair on the deck. May even get to attacking the jungle that is in the back yard.
HMS asked HMJ to cut out the dead parts of the tree and got rather upset that he wasn't. I asked HMS if there were any hedge clippers or other tools, and the answer was no. I honestly don't know how he didn't get bothered by it. Because I got bothered by it. Asking someone to do something, not getting them the tools to do it, and then being upset that it isn't getting done is one of my biggest pet peeves. Seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment