2018-11-08

Big Spenda

Payday was yesterday, and today is my day off, so I'm buying lots of stuff!  It was my first full paycheck (my first one was just for my first week there) and it's the biggest I've seen in five years.  Crazy to think that's going to be my regular, typical sized check.

I've been needing another temple dress for a few months.  I never used the first time worker discount when I started 6 years ago, so I'm going to see if I can use it now.  If I can, great; if not, that's fine, too.  It requires a phone call during regular business hours, which I haven't had line up with cashflow since I started working again.  I mostly need one because I'm about fifty pounds heavier than when I got my first dress and the zipper in the back has finally stretched to the point that I can't get it zipped more than halfway if I put it on first.  Subbed for a friend a few weeks ago on a Friday, and struggled something fierce.  Thankfully, there was a sweet sister who was just getting off the earlier shift who helped me.  She prayed because elbow grease wasn't working, and after a couple of prayers, got the idea to get it mostly zipped, put it on over my head and then zip it the rest of the way.  Ever since then, I keep it on the hanger, unzip it a little, and then crawl up into it, slip it off the hanger once it's covering my body, and zip it from there.  Can't believe it took me six years and someone else to suggest such a simple solution to putting it on!!
cost: $60

The Curling World Cup will be here in a month.  I want to get tickets from the box office at the arena.  I'm trying to do brick and mortar whenever I can.  I just checked, and there are plenty of session tickets available.  I read somewhere that the first 1000 all session packages get a mic pack to listen to the conversation on the ice.  Not sure if those are available still, or if I'd even want one.  What I really want is to be able to see the Men's USA-SWE game.  King Edin and Shuster are two of my very favorite athletes, curlers, and people.  I would love to see them face off.  Just checked the schedule, and it doesn't look like they're facing off against each other.  So confused.  Maybe they will for the final.  I get off at 4:15 that week, so I may be able to catch the ends of the 3:00 games.  Definitely will be able to get the 6:30 games, though.  I'll also be missing the majority of Team Sinclair's games due to work.  Looking at the schedule, I'm going to want best views of Sheet B, and the only game of Sinclair's I'll be able to watch in full is going to be on Sheet E.  I might be able to catch tail ends of earlier games.  I might talk to my coworkers/office manager about leaving earlier those days, like 4:00 instead or something.  My one coworker watches curling with her husband, so she'll probably understand.
cost: $180

I feel like there was something else I was going to purchase, but I don't remember what now.  Also, I picked the wrong seat at Panera.  It's right by the door, and it's cold outside.  I might move after someone across the way leaves.  Need to be plugged in.  This will probably be the last NaNo for this laptop, as it no longer runs on battery power.

Oh, and my sister's coming into town today.  She took ten days off for her birthday and took a road trip out west.  She got as far as SLC before turning around and coming back.  Last night, she got stuck for an hour outside of Cheyenne due to an accident, though.  I have to get to writing, though.  I'm scheduled to be at this Panera for 2k words, and I'll have done is some internet stuff, eating, and drinking a full lemonade.  Whatever will I fill up with next?

No comments: