Anyway, I'm feeling the depression hitting hard this year. Probably mostly because I've only been taking the 2000 iU Vitamin D once or twice a day instead of the 10k iU at least once. I also haven't done any light therapy. At all. Long excuses as to why that's a thing.
It's in my room, by my desk. Right now, my bed is the mattress on the boxspring on the floor. I need to get it on the frame so I can store things underneath it, and reach the room's second outlet. I ought to plug in a power strip under my desk so I can have my night light on the top outlet. Yes, I have a nightlight. Guess you could say I'm scared of the dark. Not of any monsters or bad guys, but I am afraid of tripping and falling in my
Work is not going as well as I'd like it to. It takes me a couple of hours to get my brain up to the speed it ought to be at, and my coworkers are grumpy and less than patient in the morning. It's a struggle. I might be able to remember more things if I wasn't getting extra work thrown at me for "practice." I use quotes because that might be B's true motivation, but I doubt it's K's. I'm also not a fan of their backbiting and gossiping about other coworkers, current and past. I've toyed with the idea of working somewhere else, but any place I start now is going to present me with too many of the same problems. When I'm depressed, I don't learn as quickly, nor does my brain always function at full capacity.
Of course I haven't told my coworkers about my SAD. I think they would be understanding of depression and supportive of my mental health in general, but I am not confident they know me well enough to trust that it's seasonal. Once spring hits, I'll be up and running on all cylinders.
I've been really keen on crocheting lately, and that's also a stumbling block to my writing. Maybe I'll do a word sprint with Twitter and then go do some crocheting and BoM listening. After I play Laundry Nazi. Last week, I really had to crack the whip and get on both S and N about it. S is the worst about leaving laundry everywhere except where it belongs. N has improved since I had a meltdown. I didn't take anything out on anyone, but to anyone as observant as N, it was clear that being frustrated over not being able to do laundry because people were leaving theirs in the dryer and washer for days at a time contributed to my crying on the kitchen floor. Right now, I'm waiting for her to put her laundry in the dryer so I can put mine in the wash and then the dryer in the morning. The reason she's waiting to put it in the dryer is because S left a load of towels (and possibly blankets) in the washer that had to be rewashed before they could be dried.
I'll take a moment and check out the situation. Then off to writing. I'll probably call the quincenara scene close enough so I can get on with Rose heading off to New York, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment