2019-02-25

Stressy and Messy

Seriously, I need to get into better technology habits.  In some ways, Givling has helped with that.  Gone are the days of being able to only watch three ads per hour, up to forty-eight ads per day (which I may have reached once).  They changed it to allow watching thirty ads per day, at your own pace.  I usually get them done during a 45 minute show that I watch while eating dinner.  Any that I miss (due to resetting my ad identifier and playing on an iPad, which technically is not a version supported by the app) I can get later in the evening.  A few times, I've been able to catch a couple in the morning before I leave for work or if I can't sleep after it resets at 1 a.m. CST.

Anyway, that means I'm not as tethered to my iPad.  Unfortunately, this has not quite equated to me being more tethered to my laptop.  While, not the keyboard, anyway.  I have been watching and catching up on the 2019 Curling Nationals held in Kalamazoo, MI.  Some day, there will probably be a What I've Learned themed entry here.

I hate this time of year.  February is the worst.  Not just in terms of weather, but also because of tax season.  I hate figuring out taxes.  Just gathering all of the forms and making the appointment (because filling out the form on TurboTax gives me more anxiety than the human interaction that seems to induce anxiety in all of my anxiety-claiming friends and associates) takes so much energy.  I'm still so childlike in that way: dragging my feet about doing what I know I ought to do instead of just doing it.  But let's not spiral in that direction.

Our basement is finally taking a final shape.  RMA's desk and bed are in, the bathroom is finished and in use, and all of the bookcases are in the Nerd Cave.  That's about as far as it goes, though.  No books on the bookcases.  RMS is...sigh.  RMA and I have had at least one discussion about her handling of things.  Just the indecisiveness and unclear instructions.  There is not much worse than being micromanaged by someone with unclear expectations.  (Damn, that's shaping into my workplace situation, too.)  Would rather not get into details, but that's about what it boils down to.

So, I did get the bookcase out of my room.  My bed is against the warmer wall, but there actually feels like less space in my room, even after I took three Rubbermaid tubs out to the garage.  Probably because there were boxes and totes on the bookshelf and the desk.  Also, I still haven't gone through the pile that was directly behind my chair, which is now behind my chair and to the left.  And I'm trying not to stack so much weight on the white drawer tote things my sister left when she moved out of my apartment.

Curling is going well.  Well, it was.  I ended up having a perma sub, Aaron, who grew as a curler this session.  He also curled on a Sunday league with his girlfriend, and just to see him find his confidence was fun.  There was another couple who subbed for me about half of the time, and they invited us to curl with them on the spring league, but we signed up too late.  Definitely keeping an eye out for summer, though!  I need a new slider.  My sister's half slider has served me better than the ones the club offers, but not nearly as well as a full slider would.  So I'll take the off season to find and purchase a pair.  Which means finding a pair and going to Steve's Curling in Madison.  I would feel guilty going anywhere else, since he's so relatively local to where my curling seed was planted. 

Anyway, I should let this be and work on something more productive to my long term goals.

No comments: