This was the closest to a full week of work I've had all year. We closed early on Tuesday and I got told on Wednesday that I could come in late due to conditions. Discovered later that the manager shouldn't have said that. Oh, well. I'm still looking into looking elsewhere for work.
Also had my period this week. That helps me be productive. Not. Thankfully, it's usually only the first day that's bad, and it hardly ever lasts more than four days total. Sometimes, my body likes me. Although with all the weather we've been having, my tan van looks like it has worse psoriasis than I do. Which is pretty bad, actually. Stress is the biggest trigger for it, so I'm trying to be more relaxed about stuff.
Finally got new tires on Thursday and the shaking of my vehicle that's been happening for a month has stopped. So that's good. The shop manager went out to get my van's specs, came back in and commented on how bad they were. As if I didn't know. (Oooh, I might see if I can find Clueless on one of our streaming services.)
As for what I'm doing right now, I got up early enough for McDonald's breakfast. It had snowed last night, though, and I managed to fall into the snow while clearing off my windows. I need to put real pants on so I can go take some money out of my checking and put some into my savings. Also need to go to the library and probably lunch. Should finish putting my laundry away, though, so I can gather up all the dirty stuff and get that washed so I can have clean clothes for Monday.
Really hoping for the basement to be done soon, but there seems to have been a stall in the flooring. The plumber's estimate was originally around $2k but the final cost was $4k, which caught HMS off guard. I just really want the other bookcase out of my room so I can move things around. I want to put my bed on the opposite wall with my clothes hamper at the end of it. I'm hoping to switch the locations of my desk and blue (yarn) dresser. I'm hoping that will allow me to actually hang clothes in my closet. Once it gets nicer, my plan is to go through the pile that's behind my chair.
This week I'm going to take my glass nesting bowls over to my dad's. They aren't getting any use here, and I don't trust the set to remain intact if I were to put them in the kitchen. I'm going over there on Tuesdays to work on family history while the temple is closed. I already have that time blocked out on my social calendar, so why not try and get some work to do once it opens up again? I had a friend (former shift coordinator on a shift I subbed on a lot when I was out of work) mention on facebook that she was just sealed to her parents last night, and it reminded me that in a year, my dad will be able to have the same experience.
Off I go to (hopefully) be productive now that I've done some free typing. Chores first, then some errands, then some reading, then some crocheting, then some chores, then some more reading/lesson planning, then out with some friends. I have a sneaky suspicion that I am slowly becoming more and more of a morning person.
But, wait, "Separate Ways" has just come on Pandora! Maybe I will finally get my laundry put away! That's my Journey Jam!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment