Being at my ward's Easter egg hunt this morning reminded me of all the ones we had here, north of Madison. Just over an acre, lined with trees on three sides, allowed for bracing outdoor hunts, followed by all the kite flying we could handle. If the weather was bad, we could fit all the hunters (young and old) in the kitchen while eggs were hidden in the five bedrooms (three with closets) upstairs and in the living room, dining room, and parlor downstairs.
If you're interested in creating memories like this next year, and all future holidays, let me know and I can put you in touch with the right people.
Made me feel like I was pushing to sell it, and I kind of am, I guess. I hate the idea of it being empty and would love if our family had a connection to the next generation that lives and creates memories here. Because that's how I view this place. Both of my parent's homes were just places to exist, and I don't know if my dad's generation saw this home in the same way that I did, but this place was all about creating memories, even routine, mundane memories. Putting together puzzles or playing on the piano, running races to the tree line and back, which was something I didn't realize my dad's generation had done until I was at one of my grandparent's funerals. I guess that explains why my aunt still holds the state record for one of the sprints 30+ years later.
I also kind of hustled myself at an interview yesterday. The interviewer agreed that it seems to be a good fit. "Plug and play" was the term she used. I would be learning a few more tasks than I was responsible for at my previous office, which she looked up online to prepare for our interview, and we gushed over it. It's a beautiful practice. She took me on a tour of the office, and the one doctor who was left knew two of the doctors I worked for previously because they all attended the same school of Optometry (she was a year behind the younger one). The offices even use the same tech support! Different EHR, but if I can learn two, I can learn a third. I hope she could tell my excitement was genuine about learning to use a lensometer (to read Rx on lenses). It was something that I wanted to learn, but because no one else in my department seemed keen on helping out the techs get charts started, it was never pursued. Having worn glasses for 25 years and contacts for 19, I'm also looking forward to learning how to dispense/adjust and do CL teaches. Again, things that were never pursued because no one else in my department wanted to do it. I'm curious to visit on Thursday and see what's changed and what hasn't.
But it's again time to set aside this journaling, empty the bladder, turn on the music, and do what I came here to do: break 1k so I can get close to my 25k goal by the end of the month. Word count right now says I need about 1500 words a day to finish on time. Hopefully I can at least break 1k total tonight because I still need to find the scriptures I want to use in my lesson tomorrow. I have the one, Luke 24:8 "And they remembered his words" that I'll use as a repetition thing. I'll have them look up scriptures where Jesus tells the apostles/disciples about his death and resurrection and then lead them in repeating Luke 24:8. If they're restless, I may choose one to come up and help me lead the class in our repetition. I haven't decided if we'll review the story and then do the scriptures or do the scriptures as we review the Easter story.

No comments:
Post a Comment