I've been shocking myself lately. A friend of mine works for a literary magazine and has been encouraging me for years to submit something. The NaNo that I'm "working" on for Camp (I'm only writing on Thursdays and Saturdays) I feel is something that I could be proud of submitting. Once it goes through the editing process, obviously. Once I finish it.
That's another thing that I'm daydreaming about when wishing for the job I'll be interviewing for tomorrow. It's a worse commute than where I'm at now, but it's not far from a Panera. I could feasibly convince myself to leave the house by 5:30 and write at the Panera mornings before breakfast. I need to prepare for said interview, though. I test drove from work tonight, and it was a good thing, too! Due to some construction, I'm not able to turn left at an intersection where I was planning to make a left turn. I am also really hoping that traffic is lighter at 3 than it was at 5 tonight. It took about 55 minutes to get there, taking into consideration the parking lots I had to drive through to turn around. I'm hoping that it'll take 45 minutes or less tomorrow. I'm also hoping that leaving the office in slacks instead of jeans won't raise any suspicions. I have a couple of top options to try out to see which can pass as casual and business.
I just asked a few sisters to pray for me to do well at the interview tomorrow, and I've been preparing in the car, actually verbalizing my answers to questions like "Describe the worst day you've had at work" and "How do you handle working with difficult people." Tuesday night's service in the temple brought an answer to me about the "how do you like people to point out your mistakes" variations. "I prefer/appreciate my mistakes be pointed out and corrected before they become habits.
Unfortunately, I've been experiencing a stinging sensation in my right eye lately. Mostly just today, I suppose. But, in the interest in saving time, I've been sleeping with my contacts in (slap on the wrist). Perhaps wearing my blue blockers tomorrow will help ease some of that.
Turns out, even though I came to the write in with good intentions, I don't think I'll get much writing done on the actual story. I still have to get some plastic eggs, easter grass, and a veggie tray for tomorrow. How's about I use the bippy, then write about 400 words to break the next 1k mark.
No comments:
Post a Comment