2010-07-31

Now Opening...

Later this week, I'm going to be losing my roommate. She'll be done with the summer program she came out here for and I'll probably never see or hear from her again. Not that that's much different from now. (Assuming she doesn't burn the place down. It's almost happened 3 times already. Kind of scary, actually.)

It was rather nice having that supplemental income for two months, but thanks entirely to a giant blessing called a new job where I make half the rent more than I did before, her money was exactly that: a supplement. Which allowed me to pay off my credit card and for the summer electric bills. About the only difference I'll notice is that I'll have the entire fridge to myself and a much larger workspace for Natures Companion. Even her bike being the third one in the apartment won't last. When I go back home for KT's wedding, I'm picking up the bike my mom got in 1972 as a young teenager. I used to ride it when I was younger and think it will make a nice road bike.

As for the open bedroom, I've decided to open up the World's First and (therefore) Finest BB&B.
That's right; there's 3 B's there.
"What do they stand for?" you ask.

Bed, Breakfast & Bikes.

Anyone is welcome to stay up to 5 nights free of monetary charge as long as you don't mind that the Bed is really an air mattress, you'll be making me Breakfast and you'll be sharing the room with 2-3 bikes. After nights, it's $5 a day, just so I can leave the lights (and the A/C) on for you.

No comments: