2012-04-24

Two Wheel Tuesday


A couple years ago, my best friend and I started coordinating something we dubbed Two Wheel Tuesdays, or TWT for the cool kids.  It faltered last season for a myriad of reasons, but I'm bringing it back!

Not only will I ride the same route every Tuesday (link possibly in the future) but I will post about it.  Almost always something happens on one ride that hasn't happened before.  (Hopefully, maybe, don't hold me too firm to that.  I'm a lot of talk sometimes.)

I admit, I haven't been riding regularly for a couple of weeks.  Bad weather, being busy and additional excuses as lame as "the bike that's put together doesn't have a bottle cage, and if I'm going to ride today, I want it to be a long one."

Well, no more.

Bios on my Bikes

Black Betty: a "road" bike in the sense that it has drop handlebars.  It's literally older than I am; my mom got it as a birthday present when she was in high school.  The first time I rode it was in a car seat on the back.  I keep her more for her personality than her practicality.  She is seriously difficult to work with.  I need to get around to tinkering with her rear brake cable and gear shifters, at least. 
Nuella: so named because the bike she replaced was "Luella."  This was given to me at Christmas by my at-the-time bike mechanic, partly for me, partly for him as it was easier to work on.  (A couple of other friends pitched in to pay for it.)  She's been good to me so far and is much easier to put in my car.

This post inspired by:
six-pack for your bike




No comments: