2012-05-29

Wake Me Up As September Ends

Last summer was pretty epic.  Tough to beat, really.  This summer will also be filled with epic adventures, such as going to Nauvoo (and somehow getting roped into helping make arrangements for said adventure) and lots of biking.  Of course, there's at least one wedding I'm excited about attending this summer (maybe more; I like cake) and maybe another baby hunting trip (we'll be looking for a girl this time). 

Even though the Bike MS is September 8 (and leaving from much-closer Bellevue this year), it's the end of September I'm stoked about.

There was a lady who sat in the back and "helped" my training class over the last 6 weeks.  (Mostly, she just sent out the e-mails with the links to our tests.)  According to her countdown, she'll be reitring September 28, the day I hope to get off so my aunt doesn't get mad at me when she finds out I went to Kansas City without seeing her again.  (A friend and I are going to the Nightwish concert on the 27th.)

There are a few reasons I'm excited for her retirement.  One being that there are some days she layers on the perfume so thick that I literally cannot breath in the elevator with her.  But most importantly, it allows me to dream.  See, her official title is Training and Documentation Specialist, which is exactly what I want to do here.  I'm hoping they find a need to fill her position (instead of just letting it go due to cutbacks like they've done when some of the claims processors have retired) because I think I would be good at it.  And I have the e-mails to prove it.  I've helped create processing tools for my team as well as found ways to clarify some of the communications that get sent out department-wide.

So, as September ends, life will be extremely good for me.
Which is good, because that's usually when I see my life start heading for the shredder.

No comments: