2012-12-14

I Think It's About...

We've been talking about this at work today. 
(I just picked the first link from Google because I couldn't read anything about it, it makes me so sick.)
An elementary school shooting. 
The last update I had on the innocent lives lost ranged from 22 to 27. 
That's the equivalent of an entire classroom.
There is no way to mine the data for the innocence lost.

Here's the conversational train that my work neighbor and I took.
->Difficulty of parents of the children to forgive.
->->Other lost lives in especially tragic circumstances. (The Amish in 2006 & a local man in 2010).
->->->Their survivors being fantastic at forgiveness.
->->->->How small it makes the stuff I'm upset about seem.

Yeah, so what if a friend of mine believed a lie about me someone else told her?
Big deal if my grandma sends out thank-you cards faster than my friends.
What of my being ignored in a group of 4 people who are supposed to be working together?  Even if someone else in that group is getting catered to, it's particles of packing peanuts in comparison.

No comments: