2012-12-05

Very Superstitious

Normally I'm not supersitious, but last night freaked me out a little...........



I went to the temple, where I had an especially special experience because I was able to help out some family members of a new(ish) friend.  As I opened the doors to go back out into the world, a black cat tried to sneak in!  I was startled, so I squeaked a little, "Oh," then gently pushed it away with my foot and made sure it didn't sneak in as the doors closed behind me.  It made no noise whatsoever; it just turned around and sat back down, as though it would just wait for the next person to exit.  It kinda freaked me out, so I walked over with the intent of pushing it further from the door with my foot. 



The cat came to all fours, but didn't really move otherwise, so I left it alone.  The second time, it had given a high "meow," and I could tell from that and the weight that it was a house cat and not an alley cat.  Which somehow made it more weird.  Full of the heebie-jeebies, I walked back to my car.  After I made a couple of notes about the experience(s), I decided to cross the street to the trail center



It couldn't have been more than two minutes, but the cat was gone.



When I was finished in the trail center, I left and started walking back to my car.  Just as I was crossing the street, I looked up and, over the horizon of the Winter Quarters cemetery, I saw a shooting star.  The first one I had ever really seen.  (All the other ones have been my looking too late just after someone else points it out, even with meteors.)



As one friend put it, "Talk about mixed signals from the gods!"

1 comment:

Mrs. Teacher said...

Spooky! But cool too :) Maybe something amazing will happen to you!