I was running a few minutes late this morning, as I'm wont to do on days I struggle getting out of bed. So it's no wonder that, on the road that makes up 75% of my commute, I thought to myself, "Why are we not going 40?" (The posted speed for most of that road is 40 m.p.h.)
As I got about a mile away from where I work, I noticed traffic starting to bottleneck a little more than it usually does. I couldn't help but wonder why.
About 50 yards away from where I turn to leave that road, there was a pretty big collision, involving at least 4 cars and taking up 2 lanes and half of the left turn lane. One of the cars was sidways, indicating a pretty hard it. Although it looked pretty bad, it didn't appear that anyone was majorly injured.
Since traffic hadn't reached a standstill yet, and I heard the emergency response vehicles a couple of minutes later, I concluded the accident couldn't have been more than 5 minutes old when I approached it.
I realized if I had been where I wanted to be when I wanted to be there, I would have arrived much later to where I needed to be, possibly in much pain (financially if not physically).
(Oh, and I've also got a new page where I posted my Easter Program idea.)
No comments:
Post a Comment