2013-02-25

PBQ's for Kids

I plan/hope to help people go from infant to independent at some point in my life. 
Whether those children come into my life by way of my womb or someone else's, they will be hearing PBQ's.

"Life's not fair.  Anyone who says differently is selling something."
"Who said life is fair?  Where is that written?"

People, especially young ones, tend to gripe about things not being "fair," which can most often be interpreted to mean "the way that I want it."  I hope to do my part in combating the sense of entitlement that seems to be running rampant amongst the citizens of today's world.  Also, I've learned that the only thing that is fair about life is that it isn't fair for everyone.  Some see the unfairness from the view at the top, some from the bottom.

"You're sick; I'll humor you."
"How's the sickee?"

Still working on my entrance for that second one.

"Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it a while."
This may be something for when they're older and are more apt to understanding concepts such as death and true love. 
"Nonsense.  You're only saying that because no one ever has."
This sentiment has fueled many of the weird things I've done.  Like creating kitchen storage space by putting a one-room-schoolhouse-style desk under an over-the-toilet bathroom storage shelving system.  I plan on using this to motivate kids to be risky in creative endeavors.  Just because no one else has done it doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't try.

"Think it'll work?  It'll take a miracle."
Also to be used as a motivator.  Miracles do happen, so it's not unreasonable to expect them to happen to you.

"Have fun stormin' the castle! (or other two-syllabub word)"
My roommate's got me hooked on this already. We say it just about any time the other one leaves for somewhere.

"Someday you might not mind so much."
Peter Falk is so wise.  I'm contemplating using this as an alternative to, "Because I said so." 


No comments: