2013-02-14

Men Love Me


Well, the ones at Modern Mormon Men blog do, anyway.

Here's proof. It's my latest guest post.


And, apparently, so do librarians (PDF version). 
I had completely forgotten that I helped a friend who was the Youth Librarian at her local library by answering a few questions for an article she was writing.  Then I saw that someone had made it to my lit blog by searching what I guess you could call a coined phrase of mine: something old, something new, something random, something true.  It's how I decide what to read (and, sometimes, how long I keep reading it). 

I also received what I consider a compliment last night.  My institute instructor was joking with some students before class about writing a 5,000-word essay on what we found interesting in the books of Chronicles.  (I might do this, just for something to do.)  When he said the word count, I scoffed and said I could do that, no prob.  Then someone turned and slammed me with, "That's just because you write for a living."

I wish!!
Happy V-day!  Spend it doing something you love with someone you love, even if that's sitting alone at home with a bag of donuts and Twin Peaks.  Actually, do that every day. 

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I think I vaguely remember this! The more I think about it, I do! I remember thinking it was the worst subject choice for a single's ward on Valentine's Day. You go, girl!