2011-09-28

Omen, I hope this is Irony

Yesterday, after nearly falling asleep in the dentist's chair and renewing my car's registration, I was driving to work when I realized I should start choosing what to listen for come this weekend's General Conference. So, I turned off the radio and started a prayer. Don't worry, I kept my eyes open. About two sentences in, wham! A bug big enough to make a "thud" found a new home in my wiper blades. Guess what it was....

A praying mantis.



I tried turning my wiper blades on while driving to free poor little Perry, but I only made things worse. I eventually pulled over, hoping he had died. (Although, I should have remembered how strong the power of prayer is.) I gingerly pinched one of his wings to draw him out, and he started moving!
Freaked.
Me.
Out.

I apologized to Perry, saying, "Sorry, buddy, I only touch bugs your size once."
He fell off along the way.

No comments: