Caitlin & Ryan do NASCAR
This whole post reminded me of when my roommates (at the time) and I took a trip to south-central Illinois for a wedding. We played a game we simply called "Points." Every time we saw a trailer court, mullet, or something belonging on the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, we called out "Points!" The only real rule was that if you got shot at for calling "points" on someone, you automatically won. Along with the obvious "only one point per trailer park, mullett, 10-gallon hat, etc."
Some of the highlights:
- The roadside sign saying "Correctional Facility Shooting Range" I really wish I had a picture of that. It might be worth someday going back that same route and finding it again.
- The Spillway Motel and Bait Shop
- The best man with his last name tattooed across his back
- The wedding party showing up to the rehearsal in their mudding boots.
- The following exchange
Bride's father: So, what do y'all do out here for fun?
Groom's father: Well, we got huntin' aann fishin'.
(Seriously, he said it just like the barkeep at Bob's Country Bunker when she tells The Blues Brothers they play both kinds of music: country and western.)
1 comment:
Oh my, that is just as good as Walmart Bingo! (Similar concept). Also, you are the first person I've ever heard use the term "trailer court" instead of "trailer park" and I am shocked this wedding was in ILLINOIS. Who knew they were so redneck!
Post a Comment